Wednesday, September 13, 2006

HOMECOMING UPDATE

Hello Everyone!

Let me start out by saying "Thank You" to everyone that attended Homecoming 2006. We had a great turn out! God really blessed in that service. Lives were touched and the Holy Spirit showed up and showed out. The Shadrix Trio started out the evening strong with songs from their latest project titled "Fight To The Finish". They certainly set the stage for worship. If you have never had the chance to hear Barry, Dedra, and Linda (The Shadrix Trio), they are a blessing.

Following the Shadrix Trio was a young lady by the name of Danielle Ragan. She is about 6 years old and loves to sing for the Lord. After Danielle sang, I stepped on stage. The Spirit was already all over the place from the minute we gathered in the prayer room before service ever started. My cup was already running over and I couldn't help but start with an old song called "O What A Savior". God continued to move and it seemed like everyone forgot about their troubles and cares of this life and just had revival. GOD IS AWESOME!

Just when you might think things couldn't get any better, The Greeson's from Chickamauga, GA graced the stage with anoiting from on high. Their first song was "I'm Bound For A City" and I thought that Pleasant Valley Baptist Church had come unglued. God was moving, saints were shouting, and tears were flowing. It's just JOY unspeakable and FULL of GLORY! I felt like I was a kid again at one of Grandpa's old-fashioned camp meeting/tent revivals. All I could do is cry a while and shout a while. God is so Good!

If you missed Homecoming 2006, I hope you will not miss next year. I don't have a clue the things that God has in store for Terry Helms Ministries for 2007 but I know that if HE keeps blessing us like HE has this year (and I know that HE will) then I can't help but keep on keeping on.

By the way be looking for "Keep Walking" the new project from Terry Helms. This new CD featuring some of my favorite old Hymns should be available in about 10 weeks.

In closing, let me give you all an update on Jessica and Chase. Chase is growing like a weed and is going on 9 months old. WOW! I know what they mean now when they say kids grow up so fast. He is cutting teeth, crawling, "trying" to walk and all of that good stuff. He just amazes me at some of the things he does. He has been trying to talk. I think his first word was "DA- DA" ha ha ...... Just kidding .... he says "Mom-ma" too..... He is the best thing that has happened to Jessica and I since our Salvation. Jessica is doing good too; however she recently went to the doctor for some tests and we are waiting for the results to come back. Please be in prayer that all is well! Jessica is truly my best friend and when she is down I am down. Just when everything seems to be smooth sailing, Satan tries to step in and fire bullets to knock you down. But we know that ALL things work together for good to them that love the LORD and we will not turn back now! GOD IS GOOD! ALL THE TIME!

Working Till He Comes,
Terry Helms