Tuesday, August 09, 2005

John 3:16

How many times have you actually read or quoted John 3:16?

Since I was a little child I can remember quoting this very familiar scripture and understanding that God gave His only Son to die for me that I may live forever if I would just believe in Him and Serve Him. But I just recently was "studying" this verse and realized that there is so much power in the first four words: "For God so LOVED..."

It is so hard for me to understand how God could love someone so unworthy as I am. How that He would take a black heart full of nothing but sin, faults, failures, and disappointments and cover it with the precious blood of Jesus, then somehow make it white as snow. It's just amazing! "For God so LOVED..."

Throughout my life I have often stopped and just wondered how in the world did all of the bills get paid this month, or how did my cabinets seem to be full of food and the car or motor home full of gas that we may journey on to spread the Gospel of Christ? Then I just quit questioning how and started thanking God because He was blessing us so much. My wife and I began giving Him praise for all of the things He was doing in our lives and for that He just kept blessing us more. "For God so LOVED..."

I still can't help but question sometimes how God can love someone enough to take care of their every need. He knows just exactly what we need financially, spiritually, physically, and mentally. We have seen money float into our banking account when we thought we were down to our last dime. We have been lifted by inspirational and anointed messages when we thought our faith was dwindling. We have been blessed with the physical abilities that do not limit us from our day to day activities. Scripture daily refreshes us mentally that we can learn and grow in Christ. "For God so LOVED..."

GOD'S LOVE is so unconditional. He has no favorites and no "clicks". He simply is GOD! A true friend and He so LOVED and still LOVES YOU!

"For God so LOVED..."

Terry Helms